First of all…HAPPY NEW YEAR! Secondly, I’m writing this very hungover so if it doesn’t make sense then sorry but prosecco and apple vodka got the better of me last night.
I thought today would be a good day to reflect a little on the last year and talk about my top 5 favourite products of 2017. It’s been a crazy year, with a lot of lows but it’s ending on a massive high! My skin is under control, I’m getting my life back and I am so much more happier in myself. Right, before I get emotional in my delicate state let’s get into it…
- Child’s Farm Baby Moisturiser. This moisturiser has helped me so much over the past year. It’s light, it’s gentle, it smells like babies, it’s a dream. I never thought a lotion would make my skin feel super hydrated but this one does. It sinks it quickly, it doesn’t leave you feeling greasy and it’s cheeeaaaappppppp!
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray. I’ve always been a bit sceptical of facial sprays because how much can a thin mist do?! This stuff is so good though! I use it as a makeup setting spray and it really does keep my skin hydrated and glowy all day! A little pricey but this bottle has lasted 5 months and there’s still about a quarter left!
- Glossier Boy Brow. I had to put a Glossier product in this top 5 because it is probably my top brand discovery of 2017. Their products are just so good for us dry gals! Boy Brow has just changed my brow game! It’s so easy to use, makes your brows look natural and full without any effort at all. I love it!
- Oilatum Scalp Shampoo. I can deal with a red, sore body but an itchy, flakey scalp is the worst feeling in the world. I’ve had a big battle with my scalp this year, it’s been flake city!! I finally got control of it by using this stuff and I still use it now to keep on top of things. It’s gentle, soothing, keeps hair glossy and it works!
- Egyptian Magic. Ok, so I know I have raved about this cream for a while now but this is definitely my top product discovery of 2017! It’s completely sorted my face out, seriously it’s changed everything! I use it morning and night to keep my skin smooth and hydrated. It is very expensive but a little goes a long way and it’s worth it to say it keeps everything calm and flake free. I bloody love it!
So there we are, I know I’ve spoken about these products quite a lot before but they really have helped my skin heal through 2017. They work so well for me and it’s thanks to them that I am finally able to get my life back without worrying about my skin all the time.
Heres to another 12 months of healing and sticking our middle fingers up to eczema!!